The C.A.D. already gives lessons of 3D to his students of the section INTERIOR ARCHITECTURE & DESIGN but the school has decided to open a true 3D section offering various opportunities in several professional worlds (see below).
The first part of this new formation of one year, called 3D DESIGN, began in September 2010. It will be followed in 2011 by a 2 year training
- 3D ANIMATION – and a specialisation in special effects (3 months)
- SPECIAL EFFECTS SPECIALISATION.
The opportunities are so many after only one year of training. The “cracks” in 3D already and will be increasingly sought.
The selections were held in June, July and August on record and interview (by appointment).
3D DESIGN – 1 AN
What are the tasks of a 3D DESIGNER ?
The 3D DESIGNER produces 3D images for different media such as films, animation films, TV shows, websites, brochures …
He worked in architecture firms, interior design, studies of land use, urban planning. It includes objects and characters in real locations or imaginary.
- He creates virtual sets for television, film, advertising.
- He works on the presentation of design objects.
- He works in the studios 3D (computer graphics …) and animation studios.
- He works with photographers to develop virtual worlds, transform and edit images.
- He works in advertising agencies and web design.
Finally, it may decide to continue his training to become a 3D ANIMATOR to work in animation or video game design.
It may also, if he feels more comfortable with technology and computers, continuing his training to become SPECIAL EFFECTS SPECIALIST (TECHNICAL DIRECTOR) to work at the POST PRODUCTION is to say, the phases more technical making real movies and animation.
Lastly, they can specialize in special effects.
It starts this year after DESIGN 3D Tray (or CESS) or after further graduate studies. It is important to understand the principles of design, space, 3D, photo and Photoshop.
Who is affected?
Students of art schools in Europe (and C.A.D students) who want to make an additional year of training in 3D DESIGN at the end of their course.
- To those who for one reason or another, are irresistibly attracted by the world of 3D. They will do a year of 3D DESIGN at the C.A.D and enter fastly into the world of animated films.
- To those who, at high school are in an artistic section (general, comics, painting …).
- For students in foundation year or artistic MANAA …
So … to those who love to draw and create, those notions of space, Photoshop and who dream to get into the booming world of 3D: 3D DESIGNER either as or as 3D ANIMATOR, SPECIAL or as SPECIALIST EFFECT.
- basic concepts: photos, lighting
- drawing objects, landscapes and live models
- notions of space
- Studies of framing
- studies of facial expressions
- object modeling: existing logo in 2D -> 3D car (see work of photographers *), to create objects, image advertising (universe invented), architecture (building exterior, interior, planning, integration projects in existing sites ), virtual sets … **
- modeling of characters: Character Creation (simple at first), drawings, model sheet, modeling
- texturing and lighting
Note: To be a 3D DESIGNER or a 3D Animator, it will be easier to make “3D lowpolygon” after extensive training.
* Photo Studio: advertising to achieve in a real or imaginary scene: the studio receives the wire of the car (the wick) and we must recreate the look, the integration in the shot (or created) and the reflections.
** Creating virtual sets. Example: for TV channels, creating different types of decorations to theme shows “live” the European Parliament, sports programs, economic …). Caution: for this type of work, the constraint is that of real time, then used the technique of lowpolygon.
Duration of program
1 school year is divided into:
- 7 months course
- 1 month internship (in a design office, television, 3D Studio and 3D animation …)
- 1 month study of the basics of animation, POST PRODUCTION VISUAL EFFECTS and. Class period during which we discover the MOTION CAPTURE, the STOP MOTION, 3D CGI, 2D, I-TRONICS (3D scan), Materialize (3D printer) and an approach stereography (relief).
- MODO or 3D STUDIO MAX
- and during the last month, the basics of Maya and Fusion
Equipment of the student (not apps)
- PC with 4 Giga RAM + graphics card
- SD of 500 Giga
- Graphic Tablets
Cost of Training
Registration: 300 EURMinerval (school costs): € 7,200
Payment Terms: see “PRACTICE”
3D ANIMATION – 2 YEARS
WHAT DOES A 3D ANIMATOR?
The 3D animator works in animation or video game design.
SPECIAL EFFECTS SPECIALIZATION – 3 months
What does a “SPECIAL EFFECTS SPECIALTS”?
The “special effects specialist” due to “post production” (step in process of making a 3D animation drawing), the rendering and compositing (last step in process of making a 3D animation drawing).
He is dressing TV (graphics) and gerneric TV, WEB 3D, lighting decoration, animated films,…
Details and information for these two courses to follow.